Hey y’all, happy August! I’ve been playing around with beach snacks and fast sweet treats. Cookie butter, also known as speculoos spread, is one of my favorite things that comes out of a jar. Check out the video I made about how to eat it!
If you have some cookie butter in the cupboard and you don’t know what to do with it, here are the five things:
1. Dip sliced apples into it like peanut butter. Quick, easy, sweet, kinda nutritious.
2. Spread onto toast. Really lets the speculoos flavor come through.
3. Put it on ice cream. If you microwave a small bowl of the spread until it liquefies, it will harden like a chocoalte shell once it hits the ice cream. Textury delight!
4. Make it a filling for cookies. If you’re making a batch of cookies, or even want to spice up some store-bought cookie dough, a speculoos filling will surprise friends and taste great.
5. Eat with a spoon. Why not? Fewer calories, right?
Looking for more ways? Check out my speculoos rice crispy treats here!